The teens of today’s generation simply love being trendy and trying out new fashion styles that sets them apart from the rest of the crowd. They are not afraid of experimenting with new hair styles and set a bold example. The latest trend nowadays is punk hairstyles for girls. A perfect hairstyle truly enhances a girl’s beauty and confidence. Punk hairstyle is the most popular teens hairstyle. Punk hairstyles originated in 1970’s and even today, they are a popular trendy hairstyle. Some assume that this is a new hair style, but this haircut has been sported from 1970 and is still going great guns.
Punk hairstyles are full of fun and at the same time, they are unique, funky and very interesting. Punk hairstyles have been sported as a way of rebellion. And today’s girls are not scared of experimenting with new fashion hairstyles. This is the reason why many youngsters and teens boldly embrace these trendy short punk hairstyles for girls. This updo hairstyle is known for its colorful and erratic style and is very flossy. Generally, punk hairstyle is known to be experimenting with many different colors. Girl punk hairstyles suit those who can carry it with style and confidence and will suit on almost any face shapes.
Types of Punk Hairstyles
The best part of this girl punk hairstyle is that it can be worn by everybody. At the same time, with slight changes according to the wish of the wearer, it can give a totally new look. Let us know more about some of the punk hairstyles:
Skate Punk Style: This punk hairstyle is generally a short hairstyle where the hair is trimmed unevenly and the ends of the hair are dyed with different colors. This punk hairstyle is known to give a cute and naughty look. Kelly Osbourne was the one who made this hairstyle famous.
Death or Horror Punk Hairstyle: This hairstyle resembles a Gothic look. Firstly the hair is dyed in either black or black-blue colors and later spiked in Mohawk style or kept in prom punk hairstyle.
Pop Punk Hairstyle: This is one of the girl punk hairstyles that is mostly tried by the girls wanting to keep long hairs. Here, half the hair is dyed, in different light or neon colors. This hairstyle is famous because of celebrity Avril Lavigne.
Original Punk Hairstyle: This is the most adventurous hairstyle tried in 1980’s. In this hairstyle, by using gel, the entire hair is spiked in center and dyed in mostly violet or crimson colors. Later, the hair is dyed by vibrant purple or pink colors.
Mohawk: This hairstyle is also known as Mohican hairstyle where both sides of the head are shaved and a strip of hair is left in the center. Usually, the hair at the top is spiked and also dyed with different colors. Mohawk hairstyle is popular among men also. A good example of this famous celebrity haircut is the soccer player David Beckham. One of the popular Mohawk hairstyles for girls is called Chelsea Mohawk that includes bangs in front of the face. The Chelsea-Hawk is the style of Mohawk most often worn by girls. This style is virtually the same as a traditional Mohawk but bangs are left in the front to frame the face. The other popular Mohawk types are:
* Dread Hawk: Here, the dreadlocks are created by styling the hair by pulling it back.
* Liberty Spikes: Here the spikes are styled from the center of the head. These trendy hairstyle spikes resemble that of the statue of Liberty.
* Reverse Mohawk: Here, the hair is shaved from the center of the head. The strips of hair are left on both sides of the head.
* Side Hawk: This punk hairstyle creates a complete different look. Here, the hair at the back portion is shaved and spikes are created from the hair strip from one end of the ear to other.
* Faux Hawk: Also called Fohawk, this is certainly the latest version of Mohawk hairstyle. Here, the sides are given shorter cut and the hair is allowed to grow longer in the middle of the head. Women can easily create different hairstyle by tying ponytails. Also, you can try different shapes with the use of gel or wax. This hairstyle is popular among the business class or working class as well as with the teens.
* Bihawk: This is also a variation of Mohawk hairstyle. Here, two Mohawks are allowed to grow and are separated by with shaved center lines in between and on the sides.
* Trihawk: This hairstyle is similar to Bihawk. Here, three hair strips are allowed to grow and they are separated in between by shaved portions.
* Fanned Mohawk: This hairstyle is extremely popular variation where long hair strips in the center of the head are spiked and it looks like a fan. You can vary this hairstyle and opt for a curly fanned Mohawk or braided fanned Mohawk. But this hairstyle is extremely difficult to maintain.
Tips to Maintain Punk Hairstyles
One must remember before opting for punk rock hairstyles for girls that this hairstyle requires enormous amount of hair care products like gel or wax, hairspray and intense colors. Also, you should take tips on coloring hair from an expert to avoid any damage to the hair. If you get a Mohawk hairstyle done for yourself then you will really need to maintain it regularly. Also, you need to shave the sides of the head regularly to maintain the desired look.
Punk hairstyles for girls truly make a fashion statement for the teenagers. But, do remember to take advice from your professional hairstylist regarding the best punk hairstyle that will create a magical look for you.