Monthly Archives: December 2009
Backcombing is extremely popular trend this season. Ponytail is the second fashionable trend. Now if you mix up these two trends you will get the perfect hairdo.
How to make a fashionable ponytail.
– Gather your hair in your left hand (the one you don’t write with; if your dominant hand is left, then reverse the instructions that follow using your right hand). Whether you use a hairbrush or just both of your hands to gather the hair is up to you. Hold it at the base (close to the scalp) in the position you are going to want it to be fastened. If you want a high ponytail, some people prefer to bend over and let their hair hang down when gathering their hair.
– Use a hairbrush to smooth it from your hairline to the base of the ponytail until it looks neat. It may help to sprinkle the brush with water or spritz it with hairspray. This step is not necessary, especially if you are in a hurry, or you are deliberately going for the messy look.
– On the right hand, stretch the hair tie/band over three of your fingers: thumb, index, and middle.
– Grab the ponytail with those three fingers and let go of it with the left hand.
– Hook your left index finger over the band (where it stretches between your index finger and thumb) and pull it over the ponytail. Keep the band stretched and simultaneously pull the rest of the ponytail through the band with your right hand.
– Twist the hair band with your left hand, fit three fingers through the loop you just made, and repeat the previous two steps (pull the band over the ponytail with the index finger of the opposite hand, then pull the rest of the ponytail through).
– Continue until there is no remaining part of the band that is wrapped around the ponytail.
– Experiment with different styles.